- 1 Original Crush
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, plus more for rolling
- 1–2 pitted medjool dates (optional or 2–5 drops of stevia)
- 1/2 cup almond or cashew butter
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted and cooled (can sub coconut oil but won’t be as firm)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds, for rolling (optional)
- In a food processor, blend together the cashews, almonds and dates until small crumbles form.
- Add our Original Crush, almond butter, coconut butter, cinnamon and vanilla. Pulse until ingredients come together and start to form a dough. This will take about 15-20 pulses. Careful not to over process or you’ll make nut butter.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Repeat with the rest of the mixture. You should end up with about 15 bites. Once formed you can roll in coconut flakes or hemp seeds, if desired. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 weeks or freezer for a couple months.
By Jessica at https://nourishedbynutrition.com/
Appoili June 04, 2021