If you are unfamiliar with the powers of turmeric, this ancient root is a cousin of ginger that is said to boost our immune system’s defense mechanisms, enhance metabolism, increase our white blood cell count, aiding against bacteria and viruses, and support in our liver detoxification process. It is also reported to increase our body’s collagen synthesis, in addition to helping aid cell regeneration (which allows for faster wound healing).
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or pea milk
- ½ cup water
- 10 grams (about 1 tablespoon or scoop) Turmeric Crush
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Combine the almond milk, water, Turmeric Crush, ground ginger, and cinnamon in a saucepan.
- Simmer over medium heat until all the powder has dissolved.
- Sprinkle the black pepper and grated ginger on top to serve.